As Lead Data Scientist in Zedge, you will be leading the team of Data Scientists working on recommending content and improving search for our Wallpapers and Ringtones app. Your strategies will help us gain insight into how the app is used, and you will design changes based on data. Knowledge about the users will help you personalize the experience in the app.
With tens of millions of monthly active users globally, you will have access to a large pool of interaction data. You will be able to test improvement hypotheses quickly, and get statistically significant results. You will forecast the impact of the improvements and help decide what to improve next.
You will be part of an agile team with focus on continuous improvement of our products. Our work environment is open, supportive and curious, and your decisions will be in collaboration with your peers.
- Lead our team of Data Scientists
- Plan, execute and conclude statistical hypothesis testing
- Communicate recommendations and drive product decision making
- Design recommendation algorithms
- Structure, maintain and analyze Big Data
- Understand and segment users
- Predict user behavior
- Degree in quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or other related field)
- Development experience in least one programming language (like Python, R, Java, or C++)
- 3+ years of industry experience solving analytical problems and building models using quantitative, statistical or machine learning approaches
- Experience with statistics methods such as forecasting, time series, hypothesis testing, classification, clustering or regression analysis
- Experience with Machine Learning, Statistics, or other data analysis tools and techniques
- Experience performing data extraction, cleaning, analysis and presentation for medium to large datasets
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Experience with scientific computing and analysis packages such as NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, dplyr, or ggplot2
- Collaborative skills
- Previous experience with managing a team is a plus
- Proficiency in algorithmic complexity is a plus